Ten of My Favorite Phrases to Re-Center and Reset
We all have overwhelming days that make it easy to get stuck in our heads. What I have learned is that there is always a moment, no matter how brief, where there is a choice to fall down the rabbit hole or, reset and move forward.
Here is a list of ten of my favorite one-liners that help me put things into perspective and get re-centered.
- First things first.
- How important is it?
- Feelings aren’t facts.
- HALT: Am I hungry, angry, lonely or tired?
- My ego is not my amigo.
- A bad moment doesn’t mean I have a bad life.
- WAIT: Why am I talking/texting?
- It’s not personal.
- Right size instead of super size the problem.
- Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?
This week when you find yourself in a challenging situation, take a moment to pull out one of these tools from your toolbox so that you can reset and steady yourself.
If you would like to learn more tools to help you change your mindset, please schedule a complimentary 30-minute kick-start session.